One of the ways in which course creators can add value to their courses is by adding bonus content, or “bonuses”. Bonuses are additional content that the course creator gives to their enrollees on top of the core course modules which enhances the course’s value and encourages people to buy.
Adding a bonus may also dramatically improve the perceived value of your course when you sell an online course.
Here are some best practices for adding bonuses to your course:
- List bonuses separately on your sales page.
- Write the bonus’ dollar value next to its name on a sales page so customers can see its worth.
- Bonuses should be exclusive (you can’t get them outside the course), or, if you can get them elsewhere, you would have to pay for them.
- Content should never be considered a bonus if it is essential for students to receive as part of the core modules so they can learn and accomplish the advertised goal of the course.
- The most enticing bonuses are related to the course subject matter. They exist to enhance the students’ learning even further, or to help them accomplish a secondary task not taught in the core course modules but which is essential for their success.
Below are listed 5 different types of bonuses you can offer.
1.) One-on-One Coaching– Offer a certain number of one-on-one coaching hours to your enrollees so you can help each one overcome their individual obstacles to find success. While you shouldn’t use this coaching time as a chance to pitch your coaching services to your student, you can identify those that might be best suited to a coaching program with you and follow up.
2.) Getting Started How-To Guides – Let’s say you are using a software while demonstrating something in your lecture videos. Since you may have been using that software for years, you might skip some of the items, but someone who has seen the software for the first time may not know how to start the software. In that case these how-to guides can help them get started with the software.
3.) Workbooks- Workbooks can be included as a bonus or as a part of course material. Workbooks are usually created to have your students enter some information as part of their research & analysis or homework they need to do.
4.) Online Course – Offering another online course as a bonus is also a great idea if that online course aligns with the main course you’re selling.
5.) eBooks – eBooks are a good option to be given as a bonus with your online course. If you already have an ebook on the course topic that’s even better, otherwise you can quickly create an ebook from your blog articles.
“Bonus chosen appropriately with an online course can significantly impact the sales of your online course.”
By using bonuses you can increase your sales revenue and help your learners to find the courses that they want to take.
When it comes to running an online course business, knowing how to increase your course sales revenue is as important as creating great course content. Take the step of using bonuses to encourage more sales and you could see your sales revenue grow dramatically. Use a combination of the tips given here to optimize your sales strategy and ensure that your sales revenue is as high as it can be.
Need help when creating a course? Sign up for our Crash Creation Course!
In this Crash Creation Course you will learn to:
- Build Your Course from Start to Finish
- Have Your Course Critiqued by an Industry Expert
- Get an Exclusive Workbook to help you plan your marketing strategy courses